Today was my first day back at the gym following a week of being snowed in with the kids. I spent the week watching movies and making bad decisions about what I ate and drank. Not a good set up for a return to the gym, but I ripped that band-aid off and headed to my favorite class. It's called Bootcamp, but I call it torture. After warming up with a ton of jump roping (which I'm finally getting better at), we did what the instructor called a mini leg blaster. She assured us this is twice as long when you do the full workout, but I'm good with the mini version. Anyway, I wanted to post it for two reasons. One, it's one of those workouts that always gets me because it looks so easy on paper, but ends up being extremely hard. I have a serious love/hate relationship with things like this. Two, it's a body weight exercise that I wish I had known about during this whole snowmageddon thing.
Mini Leg Blaster Workout
10 air squats
5 walking lunges (left and right)
5 jumping lunges (left and right)
10 squat jumps
Complete 10 rounds.
This was just the beginning of the workout today. I'm not sure I'll be able to climb up the stairs tonight for bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment